Tried and tasted by Nivedita
Out of blue moon my blog gets the taste of Non-vegetarian food.!! Fish!!!!! I love only King fish and Pomfret in sea food and that too fried ones. We do not like curry so much other than the way my Laxmi aunty prepared in her South Indian style!! I miss her a lot!!
My family loves Fried Fish. When I was in UAE, every alternative weekend, I used to prepare fish fry and fish kheema. It was a feast for my daughter. She used to wait for her pappa to come home. They both used to wash, clean and cut the salad and keep ready. I used to keep the fish fry ready. Thats all was our dinner!! We three used to enjoy a big bowl of salad and Hot Fish fry directly from the pan. It was a heaven. I miss the days.
My regular fish fry was with red chilly powder and other masalas. I will try to post the recipe soon. Check the photo here.
But sometimes, I used to make this Pepper fish fry which was my favorite. My daughter never liked it as the pepper taste was very strong for her. These photos were taken in UAE only. But posting the recipe now!! Good I clicked the photos!!!
Coming to the recipe,
King fish - 5 to 6 big pieces
Pepper corns - 1 tbsp or little more
Salt to taste
Ginger paste - 1 tbsp
Lime juice - 2 tbsp
Oil - 2 tbsp
Just check the paste is enough for all the fish pieces. If you feel its less, prepare some more again. The taste depends on your taste buds!!
- Clean the fish pieces.
- Crush the pepper powder to almost powder but not fine powder.
- Mix all other ingredients with the pepper powder.
- Prick the fish all around so that the masala goes into it.
- Marinate the pieces with the ready paste and keep it for 4 to 6 hours at least if you want to get that real pepper taste in the mouth. Or even one hour will do for fast cooking.
- Heat tawa on high flame till its very hot with 2 tbsp of oil and spread it with spatula.
- Reduce the flame and spread the fish pieces carefully on tawa.
- Cover with the lid and cook for 2 minutes.
- Open the cover and turn the pieces.
- Drizzle some more oil.
- Fry on the other side with lid open.
- Cook till the fish is fried and changes its color.
Sorry! I have not decorated this fish plate!
Sending this to Padma of Padma's Recipes ongoing event cooking with seeds-pepper and I am linking this to Priya's Priyas event announcement