Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Chocolate Halwa(Food remake)

Tried and tasted by Nivedita
Hi All,
Trying to make some sweets adding chocolate. And suddenly remembered this halwa which I prepared few months back. It was Srivalli's recipe and I could not wait to make it. The photo was lying in my drafts.
Taking this chance to post it for the event.


Don't compare my click with Valli's. :-)
For the recipe visit HERE by  Srivalli. Thanks Valli, for this recipe.
This is a winner dessert for everyone at home.
Giving you the recipe in my words:
Ingredients:
Cocoa powder - 1/2 cup
Condensed Milk - 1 tin(400gm)
Sugar - 1/2 cup+2 tbsp more.
Butter - 50 gm
Nuts - as per your taste(chopped finely), you can skip this one.
I did a little variation, I did not roast the nuts.
I took 2 tbsp more sugar, as I knew the sugar I had was not so sweet.
I used Microwave.
Method:

Mix all the ingredients except the nuts, in a think bottomed M/W safe glass bowl.
Mix well.
Cook on HIGH in M/w for 1 minute.
Take it out, Mix again and Cook till you feel the nice aroma of the Cocoa powder turning into choco flavor.It may take another one or two minutes depending on your M/W settings.
Take care not to make it thick. Otherwise it will become hard.
Garnish with nuts and serve it with cold ice cream or enjoy it like that only



Sending it to 
 Jyoti's (The Veggie Hut )
Lets Celebrate Sweets-Chocolate

Keep Smiling,


7 comments:

Umm Mymoonah said...

Looks very delicious, will check Srivall's for recipe.

Priya Suresh said...

Halwa looks yummy.

Srivalli said...

Glad you liked it!

Lakshmi ...Rasoi ki Malkin..northern and southern spices said...

Halwa looks delicious..

Unknown said...

wow Nivi, that is mind-blowing. Looks so delicious and anything with chocolate has to be delectable :)

Vatsala. said...

Halwa....that too chocolate....yum1yum!yum!
I m a new blogger, would you like to exchange the link with me.
Vatsala
http://showandtell-vatsala.blogspot.com

keri said...

Hello My Friend

With these ingredients, you are sure to have a winner. Who doesn't like chocolate? And it looks so easy. It Halwa pronounced "hal va"?
or "hal wa"? Just curious.

Did you see the sandwich by Jiada that I posted a while back? It consists of Chocolate chips with brie cheese melted on crusty bread. I know it sounds crazy, but it's amazing. I'll send you the link. Your blog is looking great. So glad you took the time to stop by mine. More later, Keri

Search This Blog

Lijit Ad Wijit

My Shelfari Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog